[asterisk-biz] Sponsorships for Codename Pineapple (chan_sip3) now open

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 8 02:33:23 MST 2007

What is Codename Pineapple?
Codename Pineapple is a rewrite of the current Asterisk SIP channel.
The goal is to make a SIP implementation that is more compatible with
the current SIP specs and one that can participate better in a SIP
network with proxys. Support for TCP/TLS, SIP transactions and other
new SIP features are planned, as well as a change in the way we
configure SIP devices. No more "friends", "users" and "peers".

You can read more about Codename Pineapple on http://www.codename-
pineapple.org

A bit more technical information, including my todo-list, is in the
doxygen docs:

  http://www.codename-pineapple.org/doc/html/chan_sip3_00index.html

* Why sponsor?
-----------------------
Development takes time, time costs money. As a free Asterisk
developer, not being employed by anyone by myself, I need sponsors in
order to be able to develop. For Codename Pineapple, I would like to
focus for the most part of six months so that we can see progress.
That won't happen without sponsorships, since in that case I would
have to find other projects to work with and Pineapple would have to
roll along on spare time.

If I'm lucky enough to find sponsors for more than what I need, I
will contract subcontractors to add to the speed of the project.

* How do my company become a sponsor?
---------
You sign up for sponsorship for a period of time. The cost depends on
the level of sponsorship, but I'm of course open for suggestions on
one-time fees too. Check the sponsorship web page on http://
www.codename-pineapple.org/sponsor.shtml

Current sponsors are

* Voop - the Internet Dialtone - http://www.voop.com

* Nuvio - applications delivered http://www.nuvio.com

* Digium - the Asterisk Company http://www.digium.com

and of course Edvina.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want to
proceed with a sponsorship!

Thanks for your support,

/Olle

* Olle E Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Cell phone +46 70 593 68 51, Office +46 8 96 40 20, Sweden