[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 05:45:24 MST 2007

> Please look into the different threads and reports on Dell 2850's and
> 2950's by me and others on this list. The Dell thingies *always* share an
> IRQ for each and every slot in the box. Dell support confirms this. In
> this case start to look for the root of the problem, the Dell's suck.
>
> That Sangoma cards might be able to deal with shared IRQ's better or hide
> the IRQ sharing problem is a different matter.

Oh I looked.  I had a thread going the other week! Kevin is assuring me that
shouldn't be the case, and said in a 2950 they have in the lab this is not
the case and that someone will contact me from Digium to find out what's
going on... so I look forward to that to try to resolve these issues.

I agree that the Dell SHOULD allow you to independantly put cards on an IRQ,
however I will not accept what you say that the Sangoma will share as
well.     I am looking in the BioS.   The Digium card went right onto the
same IRQ as all the NICs.. the Sangoma card was allowed to sit on its own
IRQ.     This is the BioS reporting it, not the OS..... the Sangoma was
allowed to have its own IRQ.  All these threads you see are about DIGIUM
cards in 2950s.. do you see any about Sangoma cards in 2950s?

This says to me there is an issue with the way the Digium cards are
reporting something to the BioS... but I'll leave this for Digium to discuss
with me.. and if we find a resolution I'll bring it to the list.