[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Mar 3 23:13:15 MST 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Matt wrote:

> I'd beg to differ with you, Kevin.  I think the card DOES have influence on
> the BioS.   The Digium card comes up as UNKNOWN Network Interface in the
> BioS and goes on the same IRQ as the Network Cards (in a Dell 2950).   The
> Sangoma card comes up as UNKNOWN Network Interface and goes on its own IRQ.
>
> That's enough evidence for me.

Please look into the different threads and reports on Dell 2850's and
2950's by me and others on this list. The Dell thingies *always* share an
IRQ for each and every slot in the box. Dell support confirms this. In
this case start to look for the root of the problem, the Dell's suck.

That Sangoma cards might be able to deal with shared IRQ's better or hide
the IRQ sharing problem is a different matter.