[asterisk-biz] Dealing with Polycom (becoming certified) in Canada

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Jun 1 08:26:48 MST 2007

Hi,

I've made a very bad decision in the past: I've standardized on Polycom VoIP
phones.  Technically, they are good phones.  But from a VAR point of view,
the company itself is a problem to work with (as some of you know).

One of the requirements to become a certified Polycom reseller is to have
authorization from a technology partner.  Now, given that I plug Polycoms on
my home-grown Hosted PBX largely based on Asterisk open-source, and that I
don`t resell any of those technology partner's products, I doubt they will
even talk to me.  Digium is a partner though, who should I be talking to?

I am guessing Digium wants to encourage people using their stuff and their
partners', and maybe they`ll actually rubber-stamp this....Or maybe I`m just
an optimist.

Any other tips on dealing with Polycom as someone who wants to be a
certified reseller?

Mike