[asterisk-biz] idefisk IAX / SIP softphone RC 3 released

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Jun 1 06:07:57 MST 2007

Yo yo,

We released release candidate 3 of our softphone, as usually freely
downloadable from http://www.asteriskguru.com/idefisk/
All bug reports are still welcome, as noted below we now support UTF-8,
anybody interested in making a translation into his / her language for
inclusion can contact me at support at asteriskguru.com.

Changes include:

Free version:

Added UTF-8 and Unicode support.
Fixed IAX blind transfer bug.
Fixed some audio quality issues on some crappy audio cards
Fixed some echo canceller issues (replaced the echo canceller with a new
one)
Added default STUN server.(stun.idefisk.com)
Added Disable DTMF sounds option.
Added audio enchancement option.
Fixed check box hint

Biz version:
Added "callto" handling to dial and without "extension=". (Biz)
Added in the Outlook dial window the first available phone to be
selected. (Biz)
Fixed outlook menu bug.(biz)
Added all users functionality.(biz)
Fixed exiting when the API cannot be initialized.(Biz)

There are 2 things we didn't fix yet

1) the windows DEP doesn't seem to like our phone yet, a workaround can
be found below:

If Idefisk generates fatal error or crashes during execution on windows
XP sp2 or windows VISTA please consider to do the following :
Disable Windows DEP feature for all programs and services or add Idefisk
as an exception to the DEP exceptions list.

1. Go to My computer Properties.
2. Select the Advanced Tab
3. Click on the Settings button in the Performance section.
4. Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
5.1 Make sure that the option  'Turn on DEP for essential Windows
programs and services only' is selected.
OR
5.2 If 'Turn on DEP for all programs and service except for those I
select :' option is selected and don't want to change it.
5.2 Click the add button.
5.3 Select Idefisk executable file from Idefisk installation folder and
click OK.

2)  on some audio cards we seem to cause the microphone to be muted at
startup, we are still investigating this issue.
If you experience this or other problems, please send us an email at
support at asteriskguru.com.

Cheers,

Zoa