[asterisk-biz] Lost DialTone Problem With Linksys Pap2

Dmytro Mishchenko arkadiamail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:18:01 CDT 2007

Rehan Allah Wala wrote:
> We have a problem with a customer who has 100 Pap2 over seea's
>
> The Pap2 in his office seems to work fine, but the pap2 with his customers seem to loose dial
> tone 2 times a day.
>
> There are over 50 customers which are loosing the dial tones.
>
> We are loosing dial tone's on the pap2 which are registering to our asterisk.
>
> Any clues how to fix it?

It seems that its a problem with registering on your Asterisk. If PAP2
failed to register it doesn't provide dial tone.
You may ignore it setting  "Make Call Without Reg" to "yes" for Line1 &
Line2. This will give you dial tone no matter what
and users will be able to make call.
Also you should check why Asterisk doesn't process registration properly
from time to time.

Dmitry