[asterisk-biz] Amp'd Going the Way of Sun Rocket

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:24:22 CDT 2007

I'm sorry, I don't buy the 'not sustainable' arguement.   We make
money on every customer, and on every call.

Our plans are:
$9.95 - Unlimited local calling and 3 cents/minute long distance
$14.95 - Unlimited local calling and 500 minutes of LD, then 3 cents/minute.
$24.95 - Unlimited local calling and unlimited long distance.

How is this not sustainable?    On the local calls, we are
multiplexing our PRIs and DS3 lines, so there is no cost but lines to
us... that's $9.95 (just about) of profit per customer.   On the LD,
I'm not going to say what we are making, but it is a decent amount for
every minute your call is up.

If you call an 800 number on our system, we also make money.

VoIP is perfectly sustainable if you don't have bird-brain monkeys
doing your marketing and spending all your income on it!

I will admit there certainly is some of our customer base who has 'bad
service' because of their broadband, but they are the minority, not
the majority, and our churn rate is fairly low.. although it is there.