[asterisk-biz] Amp'd Going the Way of Sun Rocket

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Jul 25 19:52:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:

> 	I pay less every month for my consumer VoIP service than I ever
> did, or would now, for my call traffic. And that's not even counting
> foreign calls, including ones to Europe and South Asia. Since it's flat
> rate, I talk much longer internationally, even leaving the line open for
> long business sessions.
Sure.

And your provider is likely to be losing money on it.

I'm going to ask you this question, as you are in VoIP business. You know
what is the *minimal cost* to terminate those calls (let's just say,
access tariff domestically, and international LEC's charges for
international calls). Run your personal CDRs and see what is the *possible
profit margin* for your VoIP carrier.

Its not a sustainable model.

-alex