[asterisk-biz] VPN on Asterisk

Tim Koehler digiumlist at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:43:37 CDT 2007

Hi Danny,

did you have a look on our snom370? We managed to integrate a VPN-Client in
the phone. With a VPN Server on or before your Asterisk box you could run a
secure and "unblocked" communication between phones and PBX.

More information is available at:

http://webcms.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Networking/VPN

Regards

Tim

On 6/17/07, sdcharly at gmail.com <sdcharly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Greetings to All,
>
> Im looking for some help on configuring VPN on the Asterisk PBX that I
> have hosted in US. Im currently in Middle East and as everyone knows
> some countries here has taboo to VOIP. Im not able to get phy phones
> registered to my PBX as they are blocking SIP and IAX2. Hence im
> looking for a VPN solution.
>
> For this first i need to setup VPN on my server .. Am i right? Well if
> anyone has experience in the whole setup how to make it run, a guide
> would be much appreciated with some pointer to equipment that are wel
> suited for the setup.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Danny

snom technology AG