[asterisk-biz] Maximum Load

Henry L.Coleman asterisk at voip-pbx.ca
Wed Jul 18 15:59:01 CDT 2007

The question of how do I estimate the number of concurrent calls in an
asterisk system is a bit like asking "How long is a piece of string?"
But start with the fastest meanest machine you can find.
For up to 50 concurrent calls this should be fine, any more than that and
I would look at using other machines to handle the database/voicemail part
of the system.The most I have heard of is 250 concurrent calls which in
business system approximates to about 1000 to 2000 extensions.
ie 4:1 to 8:1 depending on the organization.

Hope this helps
Henry

< Kevin P. Fleming>
> Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
>
>> 	"Irrelevant" is a more relevant adjective in context of my post to
>> which you responded :). What are the prospects of Digium publishing the
>> kinds of usable Asterisk HW benchmarks I described?
>
> I am not aware of any plans or efforts at Digium to produce anything
> like you described at this time, and it would be up to our sales and
> marketing people to drive any such effort (which is not my department,
> thankfully <G>).
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Director of Software Technologies
> Digium, Inc. - "The Genuine Asterisk Experience" (TM)

Henry L. Coleman.