[asterisk-biz] Asterisk TV is about to go live

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:34:35 CDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Matt <mhoppes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, but then why even have audio on the TV?   I wouldn't think it
> would be that hard to punch the audio into the TV computer.

The default was to transmit the audio. It was recorded on the tape. We
told people to turn it off when they were listening via the SIP conf
which obviously had a different lag ;) I literally didn't have a way
to connect the two (aka, mixer + cables). The idea was to put together
edited video segments to paste the questions and answers together.
However, if you've ever done this, you know it's very time consuming.
At the moment, what I'm doing is just grabbing Mark's answers and
slapping them up as short segments. I promise, someday this stuff will
look as slick as Turner Classic Movies. Right now, we just don't have
enough hours in the day. I rally appreciate al the input people are
giving though. I believe in this idea and I think we can get the
critical mass to make it work.

I don't know if this will ring a bell anywhere, but I've always been
pretty good at showing a proof of concept to a client in PHP, by my
code is the worst, most inept spaghetti you'll ever see! AsteriskTV
will remain an experiment, kind of linked to the Asterisk Users
Conference, also an experiment until someone with the resources helps
make it happen in a more convivial and efficient way. I am talking to
a few potential partners right now. I think both concepts have proven
to be worth doing (but better). They also require the participation of
other people (such as reports from events worldwide) to give it the
breadth it needs to be of interest.

My idea is to be able to present all kinds of resources: tutorials,
"documentaries" (like maybe about successful implementations, clever
uses for asterisk, etc), live conferences from all over the world,
news... This is going to require way more time and resources than I
have as one person. I'm not even in this business, I am just a
longtime asterisk user. In fact, take a look at the cabling for our
company production pbx in "How Not to Set Up Asterisk" :)

Anyone interested can join the Asterisk Users Conference (see
http://x2z.eu for info) and we can kick ideas around there as well.

Regards and thanks to all,

Randy