[asterisk-biz] CNAM lookup service - alternative to got-name.com

Daryl Jones daryl at tcomeng.com
Sun Jul 8 23:57:07 CDT 2007

My name is Daryl Jones and I own a regional ISP in the San Francisco
area known as the San Mateo Regional Network, Inc.  We've been using
Asterisk for about four years, and had been using got-name.com to lookup
caller-id names since last November.  As some of you know, got-name.com
is no longer answering queries. This forced us to find an alternative
source for CNAM data.

We're considering offering a service that is similar to what
got-name.com was providing.  Is there interest among the Asterisk
community for this?  The cost would be $0.015 per lookup with a $10.00
minimum per month.  We can return the name, or the name and address.
(NANP numbers only.)

The interface in Asterisk can be as simple as one line in your
extensions.conf file.

exten => s,n,agi(agi://HOSTNAME?auth=USERNAME:PASSWORD)

We're ready to offer the service for free on a small scale for testing
purposes.  Contact me if you're interested.

Daryl Jones
daryl at smrn.com
ph 650-590-1888