[asterisk-biz] New E911 Bill Will Try to become Law

Michael Young myoung at netlogic.net
Wed Jan 31 17:15:51 MST 2007

Actually, I think you missed the main point: "The Clinton-Snowe-Nelson
bill will allow VoIP companies to patch into the 911 networks operated
by the traditional phone companies."

According to the VON Coalition, the legislation will give VoIP companies
direct access to E911 networks within 120 days, and provides equivalent
liability protection for VoIP providers as other phone services have.

That, my friends, is a big deal.

Michael Young
NetLogic