[asterisk-biz] PBX Manager by thirdlane

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Thu Jan 25 15:40:00 MST 2007

lists at infoway.net wrote:
> Senad,
>
> I interpreted Nicky's request as if he's looking for a multi-tenant
> solution, which I don't think PBXware is. His question asking for
> "real-life service providers" means to me that he's not looking for a
> single-tenant enterprise solution.

Daniel,

You are absolutely right. PBXware does not currently have multi-tenant
capability.
WHY ? Well partly because it was not in our commercial interest producing an
inferior solution which is server based
but instead we concentrated on "real-life enterprise service providers"
requirements on NETWORK(s) level.

Real-life service provides challenges:

a/ Server goes down (disk, memory etc). What happens to the services to all
tenants? How long it takes to get another box up and running?

b/ A tenant overuses CPU/memory/bandwidth with many calls caused by sales
activity.? What happens to service to other tenants on same box?

c/ It is Cmxs, New Year, Thanks Giving etc.. Call usage is very high... Why
tenants can no use other servers resources for their calls on the network?

d/ Marketing campaign has just brought in many trials... How to provision
many servers in minutes?

e/ Tenant is screaming down the phone line asking why they do not have
access to Linux/Asterisk CLI since salesman "did say it is included" :)

d/ Tenant has outgrown the shared environment with specific custom features
hence it now requiring dedicated environment... New server of course needs
to be paid for. WHO will pay?

Etc..

Our answer: SERVERware

(Apologies for shortcomings in below document.. Not fully edited yet)

http://www.bicomsystems.com/files/projects/serverware/SERVERware.pdf

Senad