[asterisk-biz] Inbound settings for nufone - freepbx

Mail list asteriskmaillist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 07:28:24 MST 2007

This is more like freepbx configuration question . I have 3 nufone toll free
did's which ring on  3 different ring groups having 3 extensions each . I
made 3 devices in nufone's web interface and made 3 peer trunks in freepbx (
yes using freepbx for everything ) which registers to nufone server  with 3
diff username and password  ( in format
user:pass at proxy-1.nufone.net/800XXXXXXX  for 3 different numbers with one
number in each trunk )  . After this i made 3 inbound routes  ( from freepbx
again )  for each  800XXXXXXX number which then forwards to my ring groups
properly . This crazy setup was working for sometime properly for all three
numbers but suddenly it stopped working since few days  .. NOW if i forward
my toll free did to sip address like SIP:800XXXXXX at myip then i can recieve
calls to my ring groups properly from nufone but if i forward toll freee
number to one of my trunks ( 3 trunks i made in asterisk and registered with
them ) then i dont get any call and aasterisk cli doesnt report any incoming
call at all .I can pobably configure it by editing my extensions.conf by
hand but i want it to work with freepbx properly ( managing ring groups and
all stuff is easy in it ) .
The problem is not at nufone's end because if i register one of softphone
directly with them and then forward this DID to device .. my softphone ring
fine . Problem is in my freepbx configuration for sure .  Whats the other
possible configuration for this kind of situation ( 3number from same
provider forwarded to 3 ring groups )
My did's work  fine if i forward them to  sip location from nufone setup but
that way i cant limit number of incoming calls ( i want to limit them ! ) so
i want it to land on one of my trunks .. where i can set call limit .
This might be very dumb question . Thx for help :) .

 Please dont turn this topic in another nufone hate topic .. i know many
people had lot of problems with them but they work fine for me until now ...