[asterisk-biz] Re: Voxbone Question

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Sat Jan 13 10:41:05 MST 2007

Matthew Rubenstein schreef:
> 	Is there any actual legal trial/caselaw demonstrating the consequences
> for selling German DIDs to foreigners? Even other EU residents? How do
> they control it? How do they stop private citizens from reselling their
> DID (or subleasing/etc) to a nonresident?

The same as with most things which are against the law: they may not be
able to stop you, but they sure as hell can punish you afterwards.

I live in The Netherlands, which has similar laws. As far as I know
nobody has been dragged to court in the Netherlands yet for such
violations. But the real question is: would a German inhabitant
be willing to run the risk of being convicted/fined? Because there is
no question he would.

And on the other hand: if you rely on a German DID for important
things, would you risk of it being cancelled permanently, maybe
even without warning? Or even worse, if you are reselling, would
you want to explain to your customer he has to print new business
cards/restart a publicity campaign/inform all his customers they have
to dial an international number from now on?

Ron