[asterisk-biz] Fascinating conversation with a prospective customer

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 04:45:26 MST 2007

This is always a tricky balance for folks.
What we have done in the past is to offer to delay the
release of customer specific modifications
to the opensource tree.  In one case
we delayed it by 6 months to allow the customer
to extract the bulk of the commercial benefit .

Before anyone howls that this is in breach of the GPL,
it wasn't because a) the software was under a BSD license
	b) westhawk is the license holder.
(It wasn't asterisk :-) )

I imagine however you could probably strike such a deal
with Digium too.

Tim.