[asterisk-biz] Connection to legacy PBX to Asterisk

Henry L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Tue Feb 27 06:05:37 MST 2007

The Toshiba has a single line extension unit which allows one analog phone
and one can always interface a key system or PBX to Asterisk via FXO to FXS
convertion. If you want to use the IVR in * to select extensions on the
Toshiba then you will have a problem as the incoming calls can only use
the intercom channel. As with most key systems the concept is to use the
intercom channel to announce a call pickup on a line number eg "you have a
call on line one" with a PBX the called person only has to hold the line
while the call is transfered. Actually, a client of mine recently
completely swapped a Toshiba system for an * solution. the more lines  and
stations the key system has the more likely an * solution will be
accepted.

Henry L. Coleman.
Web: www.voip-pbx.ca
Tel: 1 866 415 5355