[asterisk-biz] View from a side competitor

Garrett Smith gsmith at voipsupply.com
Sat Feb 17 01:09:21 MST 2007

Mitul - you are saying "we" as if you work for or are a direct representative of fonality, which you are not.

I'd be careful how you state your responses. I am sure you would not want me using "we" when describing anything surrounding your company.

Currently, fonality's esellr program is more along the lines of an agent program - you generate a lead and or close the sale, and fonality pays you a one time comission. Since fonality is not a service provider, there is still a chance for consultants, etc to make a residual by selling voice and data through a sp's agent/ reseller program.

While fonality is working on changing their model to better accomodate those resellers who fancy a relationship similar to legacy phone system manufacturers, they are not there yet.

My suggesstion, if you want to "own" the customer and sell into with additional products check out switchvox. Not that fonality is bad, its just not for everyone.

Note: we are a fonality channel partner.

Garrett