[asterisk-biz] Government contract

Checkov, Andrew acheck at astelnet.net
Wed Feb 14 08:29:31 MST 2007

Hello Alistair,

AC> Checkov, Andrew wrote:
 AC> Please check our Enswitch product:
>>
>> AC> http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/
>>
>> AC> On this page you will find links to a list of features and working demo
>> AC> of the web interface. It's in production today at over 20 carrier
>>
>> Could you give idea on pricing for Virtual PBX solution?

AC> Andrew,

AC> So that we can give you an estimate of system size and costs, can you
AC> please give us some more details of your project:
If I'm interested in idea of Porsche pricing every auto dealer will answer me
- it will starts from $...K depending on options.

Anyway I will answer your questions..

AC> - What services do you plan to offer your customers?
Virtual PBX - the same as demonstrated on your demo site. I have not
found any other demo...

AC> - How many users and concurrent calls should the initial system
AC> support? Do you expect this to rise in future?
I understand that even the most powerful server in the world cannot
process thousands of simultaneous calls. So I'm interested in capacity
of your _initial_ configuration with functionality stated in answer to Q1.

AC> - Is redundancy and failover important?
Yes - but I'm interested in _idea of pricing_ WITH and WITHOUT
redundancy. I understand that in case of telecom and computer
equipment cost of redundancy can be calculated as AxB, where B is cost
of the system without redundancy and B is something about 0.5..1.2

AC> - How do you plan to connect to the PSTN? If you're not sure, we can
AC> help you with this.
Connection to PSTN will be done through external voip gateways eg
Cisco AS5400.

AC> - What country are you in, and what currency should we quote in?
I'm from Russia. I don't understand the question about currency - if
you invoice will be issued in GBP - it will be paid in GBP, if it
will be issued in Mongolian Tugrics - it will be paid in required currency.
I'm afraid that martians are not within subscribers of this maillist.

AC> Once we have these sorted, we can recommend a suitable system, and give
AC> you pricing details. If you have further questions in the meantime,
AC> please don't hesitate to contact us.
OK - I just want to remind that my initial question was very simple - what
is the _idea of price_ - the same as the question about Porsche... And I'm
very disappointed that this very simple question results in answering
to this survey.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                            mailto:acheck at astelnet.net