[asterisk-biz] Dedicated Softswitch Hosting

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Feb 7 23:52:36 MST 2007

Hi List,

I have set up a commercial offer for those like me who feels that asterisk
makes a great PBX but find themselves limited by its soft-switching
capabilities.

It is done in partnership with Gossamer-Host:
	 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/hosting/

And voipswitch:
	http://www.voipswitch.com/

The solution features:

* Dedicated server hardware & bandwith
* Proper codec negotiation: g711, g723, g723, GSM
* SIP Gateway, SIP proxy, H323 Gateway, H323 Gatekeeper
* Accurate CDR & billing engine
* Prepaid or postpaid
* H323 / SIP Translation
* RTP Proxy
* LCR

It is targetted at smaller VoIP players like us who need a scalable but
affordable solution. We have set up a "pay as you grow" model which will
give you a true softswitching infrastructure without breaking the bank:

Gossamer-Host / VoIPSwitch / Starter
	- Softswitch up to 2 E1s, $495 / mo

Gossamer-Host / VoIPSwitch / Booster
	- Softswitch up to 20 E1s, $995 / mo

Gossamer-Host / VoIPSwitch / Enterprise
	- Clustering & IP balancing, contact us

Everything is included in the package: Dedicated server hardware (no VM),
software licensing costs, bandwith and 24x7 request tracker support.

For those who wonder, yes, I use VoIPSwitch myself, currently doing
between 100k - 150k minutes / day heavy duty wholesale traffic (SIP, H323,
and translating between the two) and it's working damn good =)

I believe this solution to be a very good complement to Asterisk, as you
can handle all the signaling, routing, codec negotiation, phone
registration, H323 / SIP translation, etc. through the switch and keep
asterisk for the things it's really good at: Voicemail, IVRs, Queues...

If you are interested, please contact me off list.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - YKOZ