[asterisk-biz] Choice of Server & VOIP Provider?

Bryan M. Johns bryan at sheltonjohns.com
Tue Feb 6 18:58:38 MST 2007

Phillip,

You proposed hardware config is substantially larger than the
environment should require.  You could service the number of users
that you mention with less than half that hardware.

If you are going to go via a SIP carrier, make your choice on the
basis of your provider's route performance to and from the servers of
the proposed ITSP.  You can use something like mtr to take a closer
look at this.  Believe me when I tell you that you are better off
paying twice as much for a carrier with clean routes to your
customer.  Look for sub 120ms latency and low/no packet loss.  My
provider of choice is Junction Networks.

I hope that this is helpful.

Bryan M. Johns
Partner
Shelton | Johns Technology Group