[asterisk-biz] Choice of Server & VOIP Provider?

Phillip Crump pjcrump at bitstream.net
Tue Feb 6 18:29:02 MST 2007

I have a small client (5 - 8 people/phones in an office) and thanks to this
list I'm gonna use IP phones.
I have 2 additional questions that I hope you can help me with.

#1 - I was looking at a 2.8ghz 1GB dell server for this project.. Does that
seem reasonable?  It's only gonna be used for Asterisk - if this is not a
good choice then can you recommend a server that I can get just as quickly
as the dell?

#2 - I was looking at using a VOIP provider for inbound and outbound.. is
that preferred over having the calls come in and out via pots connected to
the server via a FXO card?  I worry about the dependability of a VOIP
provider.  I have been looking at voipstreet or vitelity to provide the
inbound/outbound service..

Thanks in adv!