[asterisk-biz] Ribbit.com ?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Dec 18 11:36:13 CST 2007

Jim Capp wrote:
>     I'm confused.  Isn't the code that was developed related to the JIAX
> already GPL and therefore should be returned to the community anyway?

The GPL doesn't say anything about "returning" code to the community.
What it says is that the distributees have the same rights to the code
distributed to them as did the distributor.

So if you modify some GPL code and give it to me... neither I nor you
are obligated to see that the modifications are "returned" to the community.

Lee.