[asterisk-biz] Ribbit.com ?

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Mon Dec 17 16:21:50 CST 2007

Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> 	Dean, how would you describe Mexuar, with its embeddable but
> proprietary IAX applet, in that context?

...snipped a bunch..

I'm not Dean, but I'll comment here.I evaluated Mexuar and really liked
it, but they had no good mechanism for a small developer to get started.
They wanted a substantial up front licensing fee to get going. OTOH, if
you turned out to be successful, it was a good deal because it was a one
time fee.

Ribbit has a totally different model as they are a full blown ITSP and
have provided a Flex/Actionscript API to their Flash phone component at
no charge to developers. I have an app ready to roll as soon as they are
completely live.

I would love to see a similar type API to a Flash SIP or IAX2 component
where I could access my own Asterisk or Freeswitch server.

Mike Clark