[asterisk-biz] RS-232 FAX/Modems for Faxing !?

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:58:30 CDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Seysan <AFShin9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> about 1 week ago I asked a question about using EXTERNAL Fax/Modems (RS-232)
>  that can be used as an FXO or FXS.
> But I couldn't get to a clear answer yet!

No, that is not possible.

> Has anyone used EXTERNAL Fax/Modems to SEND/Recv FAXES?
>
> Can we use them for faxing at least?

Yes, of course. If you just need a few no need to look into expensive
modem banks. USR Corier V.Everything works very well. If that is a
little out of your budget, look at USR0839 (Sportster 33.6) or
USR5686E (Sportster 56k). All three are current models and pretty
reliable.