[asterisk-biz] Skype Outage Leaves Millions Speechless

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Fri Aug 17 21:16:54 CDT 2007

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> airlines have had issues, people still fly.  pacwest is in bankruptcy,
> gblx has been, people still make phone calls, the steel industry had
> issues, delphi went bankrupt and people spelled doom for the
> automotive industry, yet people still drive cars.

"Many Internet companies, especially services we love to use, have a
get-out-of-jail-free card. We tend to forgive failures much easier than
we would with any other non-Internet company."

"Skype might finally turn out to be the $4 billion mistake many thought
when eBay first bought it."

A good article: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33447/130/