[asterisk-biz] Outbound Messaging, Voice Broadcasting, Alerts,

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:41:28 CDT 2007

> Does anyone know of a program/code out there for high volume voice
> broadcasting, the applications include high volume political calling,
> outbound surveys, emergency notifications, patient reminders, etc, etc.
> Looking for a program that can handle small volumes of calls, example 50
> to 200 calls for doctors offices to very large call volumes of
> 1,000,0000 calls per hour for mass messaging.

For a project like this, a distributed solution would be ideal. You
know, Google-style: lots of low-end machines, cheaper and redundancy
included. With Asterisk you probably can't squeeze more than 250 calls
even on a decent hardware, and for 1,000,000 calls per hour, say 2
minutes in duration (with call setup), you need about 130 decent
machines. Or like 300 low-end ones... so like 8 racks full.

The code should be pretty simple (this setup is easily distributable).
One beefy database server (or a small cluster for redundancy) can
handle ~500-1000 queries/sec you'd need to sustain for 1,000,000 calls
per hour.

Doable with a decent budget. But check my math :).

Luki