[asterisk-biz] SIP to PSTN Hardware

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Aug 6 14:10:15 CDT 2007

Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info... what models of 3rd party H323 <-> SIP gateways do
>> you know which can handle call volumes in the order of 10-20 E1s?
>>

> I'm afraid I don't know of any. Everyone I know of with this volume uses
> SIP or TDM.
>

>> I think H323 isn't used more simply because Asterisk is terrible for H323
>> :=)
>>

> I think it's also a dying protocol. SIP is so much easier to debug and
> do things like load balancing using SER that there's no call for H.323
> on new installations. There's plenty of legacy H.323 out there, but
> declining over time.
>

> Alistair Cunningham
> +1 888 468 3111
> +44 20 799 39 799
> sip:acunningham at integrics.com
> http://integrics.com/

I played with this briefly but never actually used not to mention
getting it to work.  Maybe it is worth something.

http://www.cti.at2.com/documents/h.323_connex_guide.pdf

I can get time limited eval codes if you want to try it.  Probably
pretty expensive for the licenses but might be worth it for your
application.

Thanks,
Steve