[asterisk-biz] SIP to PSTN Hardware

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Aug 6 13:33:06 CDT 2007

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Thanks for the info... what models of 3rd party H323 <-> SIP gateways do
> you know which can handle call volumes in the order of 10-20 E1s?

I'm afraid I don't know of any. Everyone I know of with this volume uses
SIP or TDM.

> I think H323 isn't used more simply because Asterisk is terrible for H323
> :=)

I think it's also a dying protocol. SIP is so much easier to debug and
do things like load balancing using SER that there's no call for H.323
on new installations. There's plenty of legacy H.323 out there, but
declining over time.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799