[asterisk-biz] SIP to PSTN Hardware

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Sun Aug 5 09:14:26 CDT 2007

I know cases when some companies uses Asterisk with 16 PRIs on Sangoma
AFT-108D ( 8 PRIs per card ).
Due to the fact that Sangoma cards doing lots of heavy calculations on
board and uses only one IRQ to poll all of the ports
and you have 4 slots on your PC so you can handle 32 PRIs at once or
even more if you have some specific motherboard
with more than 4 PCI ports. In this case you a chance to have 184 calls
for 8 T1 and 240 calls for 8 E1 and
it will do even transcoding from ULAW to G.729. Look at this link
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2006-June/014918.html
, we discussed about year ago.
Cisco in the same configuration will cost arm and leg.

All the Best!
Sergey.