[asterisk-biz] Where to buy cheap asterisk based IP mobile wifi phones

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Aug 1 11:43:32 CDT 2007

Eric Chamberlain wrote:
> If you mean mobile phones with a SIP stack that can integrate with
> Asterisk, we sell Nokia phones and have an Asterisk-Nokia integration guide.
>
> http://voxilla.com/voxilla-stories/voxilla-how-to-guides/using-the-nokia-e-series-phones-with-asterisk-865.html
> http://store.voxilla.com/voip-categories/voip-enabled-cell-phones/
> --
>
> Eric Chamberlain, CISSP
>
> Chief Technical Officer
>
> Voxilla - http://voxilla.com/

Eric,

What is the support for headsets with this model?  Can a Plantronics
type of device be used with it?

We're thinking of integrating Asterisk with our POS product for drive
through operations and delivery modules, but would need cashiers to be
mobile.

Do you think this is a viable application of this hardware?

---
Warm Regards,

Lee