[asterisk-biz] What do you pay for PRI in the US?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Apr 17 07:18:36 MST 2007

On 4/17/07, asterisk_help at iwishi.nu <asterisk_help at iwishi.nu> wrote:

> That's nuts anyhow. I'm certain the telco doesn't have a trunk for each
> subscriber in a Central Office. I'd be worrried about the business if they
> answered yes!

I agree, a contention ratio is useful.  It can lower cost without impacting
performance, but you need to have proper planning, take on customers only
when you have capacity, monitor the circuits to ensure that capacity is what
was projected, and talk to customers about their usage prior to turning them
up.  There is a big difference from a telemarketer and 'grandma' in terms of
the call volume that each does.  An analogy I have used on this list before
when people talk about 'user capacity' of their billing/management products
:)

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!