[asterisk-biz] 800 DID's

Eric Babcock eric at Molten.us
Sat Apr 14 08:58:38 MST 2007

YAY!  Now I just need to find one of those phones so I can play.....
Think I can still find one at WalMart?

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin P.
Fleming
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:47 AM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] 800 DID's

Eric Babcock wrote:

> **To my knowledge, Digium didn't build in support for rotary phones**
(I
> may be wrong on this one though)

Yes, in fact, you are :-)

Asterisk (chan_zap and IAXy devices) support pulse-dial phones just
fine; of course you can't use a pulse-dial phone to navigate an IVR
without a device to translate to DTMF for you, but if you want to play,
hook up a pulse-dial phone to an IAXy (or an Asterisk box) and then call
through it to an IVR :-)