[asterisk-biz] 800 DID's

Brian Fertig brian at molten.us
Sat Apr 14 06:06:25 MST 2007

--

........::::::::::.........

Brian Fertig

Director of Engineering

Molten, Inc.

Delaware Office

Office 800.418.4380 x 160

Direct 302.338.9601

From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:42 AM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] 800 DID's

Perhaps the e-mail should have been sent privately, but maybe not.   I don't
know much about Molten other then from what I see, I would have large
reservations about doing business with them.   Again, it was never my intent
to hurt Brian... rather to try to find out what kind of company they are.
When I see what I see at Brian's company, immediately red flags go up in my
head.    I've been on the net since about 1990.   If I remember correctly,
even at it's start, eBay was a pretty professional looking company.

[Brian Fertig] Once again..  We are a professional company however if you
choose not to use us because you think we are not professional then so be
it.  But you can ask many other customers who work with us.  As far as me
personally ask anyone know really knows me on the list..

It doesn't matter how big or small you are, you should always try to present
a professional look.    Sure, you may get some clients if you aren't
"professional", but they will often be dead-beats, and smaller clients.
If you want the bigger clients you have to present yourself as a well
established business who is going to be there when the customer needs you
(and then you also better be there or your customers will run away!).

[Brian Fertig] This is not necessarily true.  We have large clients and they
work with us just fine.

There's nothing that irks me more (and I'm not saying Brian does this...
this is just an irk of alot of these VoIP providers) then a company that
claims 24/7 support (via e-mail or otherwise) and you call the support
number only to get voicemail and never get a call back, or you send to their
24/7 e-mail and it's answered 24 hours later.

[Brian Fertig] Yep we are 24..  If you call someone will respond within a
hour during non business hours.  We don't have someone who monitors email
24/7.

I guess I'm just very leary of companies that seem to be run by one person.
As you said, some companies may have been started by one person and now are
very prosperous.  However, if you are looking to provide VoIP services, you
need to make sure that you will have support when you need it.    You can't
just go with any ma&pa company that comes about.   VoIP is phone service,
and people expect it to work.   With the exception of one company I deal
with, all the rest have call centers with multiple technicians.   And this
other company I deal with has multiple employees who can help, even if tech
support is only one person.    Heck, even our company has a 24/7 call-center
(no.. it's not out sourced) to handle tech support for our wholesale VoIP
customers.

[Brian Fertig] Good lord dude..   Drop it.  We are not ran by one person.
We actually have 10 people on staff in 2 states.  Here is the link to our
articles of incorporation..

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?a1=DETFIL&n1=P06000078893&n2=NAMFWD
&n3=0000&n4=N&r1=&r2=&r3=&r4=MOLTEN&r5=

My point is, if you want to play with the big dogs, you need a decent
website, 24/7 support for your customers (this IS phone service after all),
and a decent sounding phone system.   If it sounds compressed and warbly, or
unprofessional, that may very well scare clients away....yeah you'll get the
smaller fish...but anyone looking to do anything "real" is going to go
elsewhere.

[Brian Fertig] What are you using for service?  I have many people who have
called me with no problems.  I have called our system with no problems I
don't hear where you are having issues.  Maybe you should check your own
company you use.

Anyone can setup Asterisk and say "yup it works", but do they really
understand it?

[Brian Fertig] I was one of the first 20 dCAPs.  I have over 4 years with
asterisk.  Hmm..  I do believe I understand better than most.

Anyway... I've said enough..... those are my main concerns.