[asterisk-biz] International DID providers with APIs

Charles Green, please getalife pleasegetalifemam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 11:10:32 MST 2007

Andrew,
  You could start buying and selling your phone numbers with another group if you are not happy with DIDX.

  The last time I heard there are over 5000 telco members on DIDX from around 200 countries. Some of the names are huge and they don't mind the world knowing they use DIDX.

  I met several members at the spring von show in sanjose which DIDX was actually one of the sponsors of. It looks like DIDX terms and conditions are pretty clear in their agreement with the members and on their faq about things like seller rating, DID not working first 36 hours delete and don't pay, DID not working 3 days in a row don't pay.

  It looks like it's a true wholesale DID exchange eco system. I've been following its pretty phenomenal growth and power since it beta'ed out in 2005 and everyone was slapping their legs making fun of it.

  It's open to anyone who is in wholesale internet protocol communications business. What you make of it is how well you make your choices and follow the DIDx guidelines for success. There is a case study about DIDX being one of the tools for one of its members huge success in offering voip to Latin Americans (CS posted probably early 2006 maybe Google it) .

  I guess anyone can make anything into a hobby, but DIDX seriously seems to power some pretty big companies and in turn pretty big companies help power it. I think I recall Strength in Numbers. Don't mean to cut you down. I simply wanted to let you see some more information about your topic.

  I'm an investor. That's my vocation and hobby.

  Charles

Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:
  I have seen with DIDx issues where sometimes a DID will just stop
working, maybe even someone else answers it. Its not often but its
just very odd.

Also they take too long to respond to any questions. Their billing
system is very odd. Say you have 5,000 DID and have fully paid for
those service, another DID is billed and your credit card is declined
(so they say) ALL THE DID will be shut off, and the activation is not
automatic! THey refuse to credit you for any of their errors either.

DIDX is great for a hobby use.