[asterisk-biz] outCALL- the open source Asterisk integration applicaiton for Microsoft Outlook

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Wed Apr 11 09:27:04 MST 2007

Bicom Systems releases outCALL, an Asterisk open source Outlook integration

LONDON, UK (11th April 2007) - Bicom Systems announced today it has released
outCALL, an open source desktop application allowing integration Microsoft
Outlook. OutCALL allows users an easy way for placing and receiving phone
calls integrated with users Outlook contacts.

"The open source PBX market needed integration with Microsoft Outlook which
works with Asterisk (www.asterisk.org) . After developing and offering
outCALL as a proprietary application, we decided to release outCALL as an
open source application licensed under BSD license in order to further
stimulate development and use of Asterisk "said Senad Jordanovic, the
systems architect at Bicom Systems Ltd.

"We released OutCALL as open source in  the  wish   that  the application
would to be of good  use to everyone and  to be enjoyed  it for free.  Some
things are  not just about money,  we are pleased to contribute to the
wider  community said Sergej Kasumovic, Chief Developer at Bicom System Ltd.

"OutCALL is written in C++ . It is a stable and robust application. It took
many months of hard work to get it into current state. At the end, I would
just say that I will be very happy if OutCALL will make difference to
someone." said Denis Komaradic, OutCALL developer at Bicom Systems Ltd.

"There is ever growing demand to see existing CRM style packages integrated
with Telephony Platforms. There are many CRM programs both proprietary and
open-source that could benefit from this code. We chose the BSD licence as
in our opinion it allows for the broadest possible promotion of the
software. We look forward to seeing this open up many more possible
integrations with other existing software both by in-house and other
commercial vendors," said Stephen Wingfield at Bicom Systems Ltd.

For full details on Bicom Systems products please www.bicomsystems.com. To
download a copy of OutCall, please visit http://outcall.sf.net/
.Documentation is available at www.bicomsystems.com/docs/outcall/ .

About Bicom Systems
Bicom Systems is a provider of PBX and soft switch turn key solutions with a
presence in the United States and the European Union and supported by a
network of resellers across the world. Its solutions allow easy deployment,
maintenance and control of a wide range of telephony solutions. The company
leads the industry in providing the most integrated, ready to deploy,
feature packed Telephony Solutions for creating PBXs and BROADBAND PHONE
COMPANIES. For more information about Bicom Systems, please visit
www.bicomsystems.com.

Outlook is a registered TradeMark of Microsoft Corporation. In no manner
should this press release be understood to represent any relationship
between Bicom Systems and Microsoft or any endorsement of either company or
the products of either company.

For more information, please contact:
Stephen Wingfield
44-20-7043-3489