[asterisk-biz] Need to setup a secure enviroments using SRTP/TLS. Is that possible with Asterisk ?

Tim Koehler digiumlist at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:34:57 MST 2007

Hi,

I would recommend using a third party solution as SIPAssure Firewall from
Borderware, Ingate or Intertex.

Borderware SIPAssure for example also comes with a Session Border
Controller, and allows you to encrypt internal and external calls with snom
phones. As well as it protects your Asterisk from DoS attacks.

Cheers

Tim Koehler

On 12/22/06, asterisk at sipspain.com <asterisk at sipspain.com> wrote:

> One of my customers has a strong requeriment to enforce security on his
> new VoIP system, and I was thinking about using SNOM 320 phones (that
> already have support for SRTP / TLS for security issues under VoIP)
>

> However, as far as I heard, support for SRTP / TLS to ensure a secure VoIP
> enviroment is not yet finished on Asterisk.
>

> For example, under http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk
> +encryption  I observed this note:  "With the missing TLS support in
> Asterisk could we work around by using OpenSER with TLS in front of
> Asterisk, and then let Asterisk handle SRTP? "
>

> Is that information old ? Does current Asterisk releases included support
> for both SRTP/TLS ? If not... Which approach do you suggest me for this
> customer ?
>

> ths foryour info and help

snom technology AG

Tim Koehler