[asterisk-biz] Registering a business name

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Tue Apr 10 04:54:07 MST 2007

The only cost difference between the situation right now and using a
business name is the cost of "fictitious name" or DBA(doing business as)
filing for where you live. The need to comply with things like tax and
employment laws is based on your business activity, even if you are
operating under your own name and using your personal checking account.

Changing to a different type of business structure such as corp or llc
requires a lot more research on your part. Read up on it before you
spend money on accountant and lawyer consultations.