[asterisk-biz] US/Canada Toll-Free

Barton Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sat Apr 7 10:12:39 MST 2007

I have a question.  We currently have 4 TDM T1's and about 60 800
numbers from Global Crossing though a Reseller.  I was looking to reduce
costs. Our usage is somewhat seasonal. I would not need more than 24
concurrent connections (at 729) during the off season.  I'm a bit over
trunked Apr - Aug. The Reseller has just increased rates for the Loops
and per minute. We are 25 year old IVR/Voice mail company located in
Buena Park, California.

My concern is we see voip provider going in and out of business quickly
and it hard to determine if a selected provider is here to stay.  But
seeing rates quoted at .0139 & .0155 is inviting.  My concerns are:

1. If I 'port' 60 800 numbers to someone and then they do go out of
business?
2. Is it possible to keep a TDM T1 as a backup to the voip or allow
over-flow (even to switched 714)?
3. Is it better to find a provider that has Global Crossing or does it
matter?
4. Is there a better way to do this safely and still maintain control of
the 800's case something 'bad' happens?

If you offer a solutions, I welcome the opportunity to discuss it with
your company.

Bart