[asterisk-biz] Google's Toilet Internet Service

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Apr 3 04:29:20 MST 2007

Paul wrote:
> Steve Kennedy wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 02:39:51PM -0500, Mike Lynchfield wrote:
>>

>>>   Reda, Linhan ,SuzHAN, or .. or whatever psycho combo there is...
>>>   "which includes setup guide, fiber-optic cable,"
>>>   yeah right.. just that first paragraph is enough to filter the dim wits
>>>   from the real men..
>>>   not sure where you get your supplies , but just the word fiber in there
>>>   is a flagrant scam.
>>>   no need to click/read/analyse further then relalize 2 things..
>>>   FREE + Aprl 1st = 0.0001% possibliitie..
>>>

>> Actually several companies have investigated using the sewer system to
>> get fibre to the home and the fibre run would come up the toilet system
>> if not the actual toilet.
>>

>> Steve
>>

> That should help alleviate the shortage of waste and sewage on the internet.

Talk about "Dark Fiber".

Anyways, it is already existing conduit running into all homes on city
water the sewer system is a natural consideration.  That being said, I
think the issues and barriers probably block the feasibility are
non-trivial.  We have many pipes bust on a regular basis around here and
it seems there is an annual epidemic of exploding manhole covers .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPuMioy0do

But it may be a great possibility for cities and municipalities to offer
highspeed internet, phone, and television service.  Seems like they have
no problems competing the the private sector and that would give me one
more option.  Verizon Fios, Comcast Cable, and Baltimore City.

Thanks,
Steve