[asterisk-biz] Re: OT: Gore Still Ahead

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Wed Sep 27 20:40:52 MST 2006

	How come I never hear anyone mocking Gore for "creating our country's
economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our
educational system"? Because only someone blinded by politics, or out of
their (something) mind, would insist that Gore made any claim to have
"invented" the Internet. The kind of person who would create a strawman
to argue with, like inventing an assertion that "it was quoted out of
context". You know the kind of person I'm talking about.

	Now enough of starting a flamewar totally off topic to *Asterisk
Business* on this list. You want a flamewar with me, reply privately.

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 22:48 -0400, C F wrote:
> On 9/27/06, Matthew Rubenstein <email at mattruby.com> wrote:
> >         And now you've made more of a claim to inventing it than Gore ever did:
> > http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp .
> >

> You goto be out of your cottonpicking mind or blinded by politics,
> chose whichever you want, if you have any other meaning to the
> following words:
> During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
> in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a
> whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our
> country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
> in our educational system.
>
> If one repeats that Gore claimed he invented the Internet based on the
> above, he she is NOT taking it out of context. Since the whole
> paragraph only speaks about the Intenet in that one sentence (I took
> the initiative.....), then it's NOT out of context to say that he
> claimed he invented the Internet.
>
> And BTW, on March 9 1999 El Gore then Vice President to Bill Clinton
> claimed that he invented the Internet.
>

> >         You probably didn't have as much to do with growing it as Gore did in
> > Congress, when it was financed and directed by the Feds.

> > > Yup; I had *just* as much hand in inventing the Internet as Al Gore.
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > -- jra
> > --