OT: Gore Still Ahead (was: Re: [asterisk-biz] New Wholesale Company)

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:48:09 MST 2006

On 9/27/06, Matthew Rubenstein <email at mattruby.com> wrote:
>         And now you've made more of a claim to inventing it than Gore ever did:
> http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp .

You goto be out of your cottonpicking mind or blinded by politics,
chose whichever you want, if you have any other meaning to the
following words:
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a
whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our
country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
in our educational system.

If one repeats that Gore claimed he invented the Internet based on the
above, he she is NOT taking it out of context. Since the whole
paragraph only speaks about the Intenet in that one sentence (I took
the initiative.....), then it's NOT out of context to say that he
claimed he invented the Internet.

And BTW, on March 9 1999 El Gore then Vice President to Bill Clinton
claimed that he invented the Internet.