[asterisk-biz] New Wholesale Company

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 27 09:06:43 MST 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 11:28:53AM -0400, Bob Smith wrote:
> 24 years hey !
> hmm
>
> that is REALLY fishy.. the internet was born on jan 1 1983 witch makes
> it 23 years now... when systems on arpanet where switched to tcp/ip
>
> unless we thinking on sept 1 1969 ( nice unix timestamp 1) when arpanet
> was actualy born
> but that was DOD.. and i guess you prolly where 14 years old at the time..

I was 4, actually.  :-)

> so i guess you been on the internet longer then the internet itself!

I was around, anc connected by UUCP transpported email, when the Great
IP Cutover happened, yes.

> just my 0.02 we all check facts to bash on people .. ain't it that
> list's purpose ?

Of course.

> just kidding in fact the 24 years comment. made me want to research it
> and find the internet's birthday.

I thought I'd said 23 years.  Sorry.  late 1982, early 1983, though for
some reason, DejaGoo can't find anything of mine before 1985.

> No offense to be taking im not trolling anyone ;) have a nice day all
> and remember.. some people will always come back at ya with anything you
> say in here..

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_