[asterisk-biz] GSM solution

Andrew Rufener arufener at intelium.nl
Sat Sep 23 23:53:37 MST 2006

I have done a lot of work with GSM integration to fixed and SIP. A GSM
gateway is always better, BUT the more important question is what problem
you are trying to solve. Are you 'only' trying to break out calls from fixed
to mobile via the GSM gateway or are you trying to do something more
sophisticated such as for example routing long-distance calls from the
mobile via your Asterisk PBX via SIP (and saving 80+% oncost). Or arre you
trying to go even further and provide users with a single phone number for
both fixed and mobile?

As you see there's a lot more you can do with mobile outside the 'Asterisk
domain' and thus an external solution and an Asterisk (imho) are the most
effective combination.

If you need some more info please contact me off-list.

Regards, Andrew