[asterisk-biz] SIP to 24 FXS

Howard White howwhi at usit.net
Mon Sep 18 13:00:59 MST 2006

Need a compatability update.  When our company first began selling
Asterisk solutions, we got some Mediatrix 1104 and 1204 boxes for FXS
and FXO connectivity.  We found the level of SIP compliance by Mediatrix
to be poor and the SNMP configuration to be ridiculously complex.  The
boxes are still on the shelf.  Have not tried to get firmware updates.

Have a client needing SIP to 24 FXS, analog phone deployment (hotel).
Has a SIP to 24 FXS box that works great except Message Waiting
Indicator.  Analog phones have MWI but box doesn't handle it; vendor
chooses not to work with issue.  I do not have the specifics as to the
model of phone deployed so cannot answer which format MWI signal is
expected by the phone.

I'm looking for experience reports with more recent efforts by
Mediatrix, Audio Codes, Vega or ??? regarding SIP compliance and ability
to deal with extended details like MWI.

TNX for your thoughts.
--
Howard White <howwhi at usit.net>