[asterisk-biz] We are looking for an integration vendor in Laguna Hills CA

Nick Stein nstein at codagenomics.com
Mon Sep 18 09:45:04 MST 2006

We are a startup biotech company in Laguna Hills CA (zip 92653).  We are
growing like crazy and need a pbx system that is flexible.

We are considering a hosted pbx solution and have also been pitched Shortel.
I have experimented with Asterisk and gotten it working, but it took me too
much time, meaning that I have other stuff on my plate.

Is there anyone near by that could provide us with a turnkey solution?  Here
is our requirement list, all of which I am sure Asterisk can do.

We are looking at both hosted and in house pbx.  Key features for us are:

QOS - the call clarity has to be as good as pots.

Hold and forward.

Voice Mail - each user has his/her own mailbox.

Caller ID - screen pops are not necessary at this time.

Multi extension ring on a call.

Conference Bridge - I can hold an impromptu virtual conference room.

Follow me - we give one number and the system forwards to wherever we are.

Auto attendant

Remote sites are an extension.

Outlook integration.  SugarCRM integration would also be good.

            Call from outlook

            Voice mail messages are forwarded to outlook as a wave file

            Incoming faxes are forwarded to outlook as tiff.

Parking is desirable, not essential.

Soft phones from a laptop in an airport are desirable.

We have around 20 users, 12 in house.  We could go to twice that in the next
year.  To some extent we are a virtual company as our people work wherever
they are often doing work at home or on the road in hotel rooms.

We currently have 8 lines with Cox version of centrex.  We could probably
get by with 3 or 4 trunks depending on how we hook up the fax machine.

Customer support is a big deal for us.  I and my colleague David do not have
the time or the inclination to hold user's hands.  When I get a phone system
related call, I want to put them on hold and forward to a support line.

The systems must be configurable.  We move people and extensions around a
lot, like a couple of times per month.

Nick Stein, Sr. Programmer

CODA Genomics, Inc.

mailto://nstein@codagenomics.com