[asterisk-biz] looking for Wifi Ip Phones

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Sep 15 07:15:46 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 09:24 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> The bluetooth modules I deal with have pins which are used to synchronize the
> RF parts with 802.11 systems in order to facilitate playing nicely.  (kind of
> an external CSMA/CD or CSMA/CA interface.) I'm not saying it is 100%
> effective, but I don't think that two 64kbps (+overhead) streams are going to
> have THAT much trouble competing over a (theoretical but achievable) 11Mbps
> link.

They cant sync against the headset or other BT endpoint or the AP or
other wifi endpoint with that.  I have used a few mobile phone sized
devices with both wifi and bluetooth at the same time, and while it
works great for serial stuff it sounds really bad on the BT part, and
with both the wifi range is dramatically and noticably reduced :/

I have not used the nokia series however, so i cant comment on those
directly.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!