[asterisk-biz] looking for Wifi Ip Phones

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Sep 15 06:24:01 MST 2006

On Friday 15 September 2006 08:05, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> that would explain why the 802.11 range on the nokia e-series phones suck
> big oranges. however, would this still be the case if bluetooth was turned
> off in the phone ?

The bluetooth modules I deal with have pins which are used to synchronize the
RF parts with 802.11 systems in order to facilitate playing nicely.  (kind of
an external CSMA/CD or CSMA/CA interface.) I'm not saying it is 100%
effective, but I don't think that two 64kbps (+overhead) streams are going to
have THAT much trouble competing over a (theoretical but achievable) 11Mbps
link.

-A.