[asterisk-biz] hardware question

Number-6 n6records at free.fr
Tue Oct 31 06:20:49 MST 2006

Terje Elde a écrit :
> Number-6 wrote:
>> I'd want to make a phone service where people call a number to speak to
>> someone. Other people who want to talk to the same person listen to
>> conversations while they wait their time. With 30 minutes sessions
>> per call.
>
> Sounds like an adult hotline?
Lol, not at all it is for a clairvoyance service.

>> What is the cheapest card I could get ?
>
> Are you thinking about connecting a phoneline to an Asterisk box?
Yes indeed, a basic computer (ie a P3 800) with a pbx card.

> If possible, I'd rather look into getting the incoming calls delivered
> using SIP.  That way, you don't need any hardware, but just an
> Asterisk box and an internet connection.
Ok, so it would be possible that the box handles simultaneously
something like 15 calls in the way : 1 is speaking to the clairvoyant
while 14 are listening ? Each one gets 30 minutes with a queue based on
who phoned first.

> Let me know if I can help out with some pointers.
I've got basic knowledge about telephony (pots, voip...), good knowledge
about signal routing but help for the choice of the card would be
greatly appreciated

--
Ben